To access our site in the US click here
How to Eat More Flaxseed this Summer
If you think flaxseed is just for baking and cozy winter treats – think again! Flaxseed has many uses and is a great addition to your light, summertime meals too.
Try our Flax Milk in your smoothies, milkshakes, and iced coffee this summer too.
Try this Green Pina Colada Smoothie recipe!
Ground flaxseed works well as a binding agent. Add 1/4 cup or more to your burgers or veggie burgers. This is also a great gluten free alternative to breadcrumbs.
- Use milled flaxseed in your favorite summer baking recipes – zucchini bread, strawberry rhubarb muffins, pancakes, waffles, and more.
- Coat your veggies in milled flaxseed for a slightly crispy coating before roasting.
- Mix in milled flaxseed with your favorite summer treats – lemon bar crust, fruit pie, blueberry or cherry crumble.
- Add milled flaxseed to your favorite summertime sauces, dips, and spreads – hummus, pesto, salad dressing, and even ketchup, pizza sauce, or bbq sauce.
- Mix in with yogurt and fruit parfaits.
- Sprinkle on your morning toast. Whether you top your toast with jam, peanut butter, or avocado – add a little flax!
- Top your ice cream or pudding with crushed graham crackers, oats, and milled flaxseed.