vegan, dairy free, nut free, gluten free
You’ll find that this recipe is less oily than traditional store-bought pestos. It has a thicker, creamier consistency and works great on pasta, toast, and even as a pizza sauce. It would also work well with chicken dishes, bruschetta, or as a dip or spread.
Try spreading it on toast and topping it with sliced tomatoes.
What is your favorite way to eat pesto?
With a 1/2 cup of milled flaxseed, there are omega-3s, fiber, and plant based protein. Because this recipe does not use cheese or nuts – this recipe is also dairy free, nut free, and vegan!
- 2/3 cup basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add basil, oil, kale, and garlic to food processor.
- Add flaxseed, lemon juice, and water.
- Blend until smooth. This pesto will be creamy! Spread on toast and top with tomatoes or use on pasta.