Have you tried Chocolate Avocado Mousse? The avocado is the secret ingredient to make a rich and decadent dairy free egg free chocolate mousse.
This simple dessert is just lightly sweetened with only 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. We prefer it not overly sweet and just add enough sweetener to offset the bitterness from the cocoa powder. If you prefer sweeter treats feel free to add more maple syrup. We suggest adding 1 extra teaspoon at a time to not overdo it.
The avocado and splash of flax milk give this easy vegan pudding a nice and thick mousse-like consistency. Both avocados and flax are great sources of healthy fats!
Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse
- 1 medium ripe avocado pit removed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk
- 1 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole- Milled Flaxseed
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth.
See more of our favorite dessert recipes on our Pinterest page.