If you’ve ever roasted garlic, you know that it cuts the bite and brings out the natural sweetness of the bulb. It adds a pop of flavor to this traditional hummus recipe.
Use this as a dip for peppers or carrots or spread on a sandwich or piece of toast. Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup parsley loosely packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel excess skin off of garlic bulbs. Cut tops off of garlic bulbs. Drizzle both bulbs with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes or until fragrant, soft, and golden.
- Add roasted garlic and all other ingredients to food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with veggies, pita bread, or on toast.