This healthy baked oatmeal with apples is a nutritious and filling breakfast.
Oatmeal is a great source of fiber and resistant starch. Both of which are beneficial for digestion and a healthy gut.
This recipes serves 8 and is perfect for a crowd or will freeze well to save for later. Perfect for meal prep or a weekend brunch!
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 2 cups apples, diced (2 medium apples)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 3 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax + 6 Tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Manitoba Milling Flax Milk
- 1/2 cup pecans, slightly chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease an 8 inch baking dish. (Note: 8 inch will work too but may boil over in the oven. Place baking sheet below if you use an 8 inch round.)2. Prepare flax eggs in a small mixing bowl and set aside (2 Tbsp flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water).3. Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.4. Add wet ingredients and mix. Fold in pecans.5. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. If this fills the dish to a rim you may choose to place a baking sheet under the baking dish in the oven to prevent spillage. You may also choose to use a 10 inch baking dish for thinner slices of oatmeal.6. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.