To access our site in the US click here
Quick Homemade Chocolate Sauce
‘Tis the season for chocolate. Homemade chocolate sauce, that is! You know we can’t resist a decadent chocolate treat, from chocolatey pumpkin bread, cookies, and nice cream, to freezer pies, fudge, and chocolate mousse.
We were determined to find a way to incorporate luxurious chocolate and nutritious flaxseed into every dessert that comes across our tables. It didn’t take us long to dream up this quick and easy homemade chocolate sauce — ready to drizzle, dunk, and glaze anything you’d like!
Simple As Can Be
When we say “quick,” we mean it. All you need is a single pot and just three ingredients. Chances are, you already have these ingredients on hand. Gather up some salty snacks and leftover fruit and you have an instant chocolate fondue dessert. Need a quick and easy sleepover snack? Whip up this chocolate sauce and drizzle over ice cream for a nostalgic dessert. Toppings optional, but encouraged!
Adapt As Needed
As with most of our recipes, this chocolate sauce is designed to be fool proof. You can follow your tastebuds by adding more chocolate or flaxseed. You can try a white chocolate or dark chocolate version too! Depending on the type of chocolate you use, the mixture may thicken slightly. If you would like more drizzle-worthy chocolate, add in vegetable oil one teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
The sauce will also thicken as it cools, so you can serve it warm and drippy, or cooled with dippers like pretzels. For a holiday flair, you can stir in crushed peppermint for extra flavor. Alternatively, you can use the chocolate to coat cookies or pretzels, then scatter with sprinkles or peppermint. Cool and serve as a festive treat!
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk one can
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate or chocolate of choice
- 2 Tablespoons Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Ground Flaxseed more, if desired
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate, and flaxseed. Stir to combine.
- Continue stirring mixture until chocolate is melted and silky-smooth.
- Optional: If mixture is too thick, add vegetable oil 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve warm to drizzle or allow to chill for scoop-able dip. Enjoy!