Nothing says fall like homemade pumpkin bread. This bread is lower in sugar that typical varieties and includes a healthy dose of flaxseed for added nutrients. By using plant based milk and flax for eggs it accommodates vegan and dairy free diets – don’t forget the chocolate chips!
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/3 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled flaxseed
1/2 cup muesli (or substitute for old-fashioned oats)
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (look for dairy free if needed)
2 flax eggs (in a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled flaxseed with 6 Tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes)
1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk (try our Flax Milk!)
1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a bread pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the bread pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.