The whole family will love this easy weeknight meal. They are made with just whole food, low sugar ingredients, with a boost of flaxseed for more nutrition.
1 lb boneless chicken breasts
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup gluten free, low sugar corn flakes, crushed (we used One Degree Organics cereal)
1/2 tsp paprika
1 flax egg (mix 1 Tbsp flaxseed with 3 Tbsp water and set aside for 5 minutes)
1/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt (or substitute oil based, eggless mayo for dairy free)
1 Tbsp honey mustard
1/2 Tbsp sriracha (more if you like spice!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- Slice the chicken breasts into equal size strips.
- Place the chicken strips in a small mixing bowl with olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl, combine crushed corn flakes, flaxseed, and paprika.
- Prepare your crispy chicken strips by dipping each strip into the flax egg then into the dry corn flakes mixture. Place each coated chicken strip on the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare your sauce by mixing together the yogurt, honey mustard, and sriracha.
- Serve the chicken with sauce on the side for dipping.