To access our site in the US click here
Homemade Gluten Free Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Sauce
The whole family will love this easy weeknight meal. They are made with just whole food, low sugar ingredients, with a boost of flaxseed for more nutrition.
1 lb boneless chicken breasts
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup gluten free, low sugar corn flakes, crushed (we used One Degree Organics cereal)
1/2 tsp paprika
1 flax egg (mix 1 Tbsp flaxseed with 3 Tbsp water and set aside for 5 minutes)
1/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt (or substitute oil based, eggless mayo for dairy free)
1 Tbsp honey mustard
1/2 Tbsp sriracha (more if you like spice!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- Slice the chicken breasts into equal size strips.
- Place the chicken strips in a small mixing bowl with olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl, combine crushed corn flakes, flaxseed, and paprika.
- Prepare your crispy chicken strips by dipping each strip into the flax egg then into the dry corn flakes mixture. Place each coated chicken strip on the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare your sauce by mixing together the yogurt, honey mustard, and sriracha.
- Serve the chicken with sauce on the side for dipping.