Is there a better combination than mint and chocolate?
These double chocolate mint cookies are dairy free, egg free, vegan, and provide a good source of fiber from whole wheat flour and flaxseed.
Garnish with powdered sugar or crushed candy canes for the most festive presentation. Serve warm with milk!
Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or white whole wheat)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 flax egg 1 Tbsp flax + 3 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed with 3 Tbsp water. Set aside until it gels to form an egg-like consistency (about 3 minutes).
- Combine all dry ingredients except chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Add flax egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mix to combine.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve warm with milk.