Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
(GIVEAWAY CLOSED) We’re currently hosting an Instagram Giveaway! If you haven’t entered yet, head over to our Instagram page to enter. (This giveaway closed on Sunday, October 13, 2019.)
We may be biased, but these are the best Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins we’ve had. They are not chewy or dry. They are the perfect consistency and have delicious flavor.
We made this recipe to include each of the items included in the giveaway: Otto’s Cassava Flour, Watkins Vanilla and Cinnamon, Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed, Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, and Once Again Nut Butters. Theses muffins are gluten free and dairy free. We have not tried replacing the egg with a flax egg but would guess that would work too!
If you prefer Classic Banana Muffins with whole wheat flour, try this recipe instead! Or if you require flourless muffins, try this recipe. But you can’t go wrong with the recipe below. It is perfect for your GF and DF friends but enjoyed by those without dietary restrictions too.
All ingredients listed are allergen friendly. Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed is milled in a nut free and gluten free facility and can be incorporated into many special diets.
Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp Watkins Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp Watkins Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Once Again Nut Butters (sunflower, almond, peanut, or cashew) for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry – do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and top with your favorite Once Again Nut/Seed Butter.