This recipe was created by registered dietitian, Alex Fucarino of A to Zucchini and shared with her permission. Thanks for sharing with us Alex! Find the original recipe and more on her blog, here!
Looking for a healthy muffin recipe? These Flourless Banana Flax Muffins have less than 10 ingredients and are grain-free, gluten-free, oil-free, and egg-free. Milled flaxseed is an allergen friendly ingredient and we try to accommodate all of our customers who may have special dietary requirements.
This recipe swaps:
oats for flour
extra bananas and Greek yogurt for oil
and milled flaxseed for eggs.
This recipe is a great example of how you can incorporate flaxseed as both a wet and dry baking ingredient.
Flourless Banana Flax Muffins
- 2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water for 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 5 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Prepare your flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water) and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients (yogurt, bananas, honey, vanilla, flax eggs) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Fill muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Alexandra Fucarino is a registered dietitian/nutritionist and board certified specialist in oncology nutrition (CSO). She strives to live a healthy lifestyle and believes in whole, nutritious foods. As a CSO she believes food can be one of our biggest allies in the prevention of disease. Her food philosophy is all about balance – you won’t find her turning down a slice of birthday cake! In her spare time she loves to go to the beach and spend time with her husband and her chocolate lab, Barrett.follow us on social media: