Eggnog is great for a festive holiday treat. But, this holiday season classic can often be high in fat, calories, and sugar. Most homemade recipes use raw egg yolks, which may make your holiday guests a little nervous.
This homemade eggless eggnog, is a lighter alternative that offers the same taste and creamy texture. The cashews and flax milk offer a good source of fiber and healthy fats.
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked
- 1 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg + more to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with nutmeg to serve. Serve chilled.