Lightened Up Eggnog
Eggnog is great for a festive holiday treat. But, this holiday season classic can often be high in fat, calories, and sugar. Most homemade recipes use raw egg yolks, which may make your holiday guests a little nervous. If you’ve been looking for a lighter version or been wondering how to make eggnog without eggs, this recipe is for you.
This homemade eggless eggnog, is a lighter alternative that offers the same taste and creamy texture. The cashews and flax milk offer a good source of fiber and healthy fats and give it the perfect consistency.
This recipe happens to be vegan and dairy free to meet the needs of your guests with allergies.
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked
- 1 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg + more to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with nutmeg to serve. Serve chilled.