Perfect for the holiday season! These muffins use our new Unsweetened Flax Milk and offer a hefty serving of flax. We recommend serving these warm with a glass of flax milk!
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1 flax egg 1 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1/4 cup oil avocado, canola, olive, etc.
- 1 cup Manitoba Milling Flax Milk unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a muffin tin.
- Prepare your flax egg by combining 1 Tbsp of Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed and 3 Tbsp of water. Mix and set aside to gel.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients (don’t forget to add your flax egg!).
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture to fill each muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- These are best served warm with a glass of flax milk!