Spring is just around the corner which means sunshine, new blooms, and fresh fruits and veggies are on the horizon! We have the perfect addition to your next vegetable tray, afternoon snack, or hearty salad.
Our take on a classic ranch dressing uses basic ingredients (and flaxseed!) to make a versatile dip or garnish that can compliment almost any meal or snack.
Sure, you can use it to add a creamy tang to your salad, but ranch is also a great compliment to salty snacks like pretzels (don’t knock it ‘til you try it!), the sauce-less edges on a pizza crust, or savory meals like nachos.
Make this dressing your own by adding fresh chopped chives or dill — or add a dash of hot sauce or sriracha for a spicy twist! This recipe uses regular mayonnaise and low-fat buttermilk, so you may have slightly different results if you use low fat mayonnaise or full-fat buttermilk. However, this dressing is pretty forgiving, so you will likely find that whatever you have on hand works well too!
There’s really no wrong way to enjoy ranch! What’s your favorite food to eat with ranch dressing? Let us know @manitobamilling on Instagram!
Creamy Ranch Dressing with Flaxseed
- Air-tight jar or container
- ½ cup mayonnaise regular
- ½ cup sour cream regular
- ¼ cup buttermilk low fat
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar or pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon chopped chives or dill
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or other air-tight container, stir, and store covered in the fridge for up to 1 week (or until your buttermilk or sour cream's expiration date).