If you love zucchini bread as much as we do, you will love this recipe! This chocolate chip zucchini bread has a healthy and fun twist with the addition of milled flaxseed and pecans.
Not only do pecans offer dietary fiber and plant-based protein like other nuts and seeds, but they also offer B vitamins, iron, magnesium, and even calcium.
Our customers love our flaxseed for it’s incredibly fine mill and smooth texture. It is so soft and smooth they can add it to their favorite recipes without altering the taste or texture.
And when it comes to nutrition, adding Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed to your zucchini bread (or any recipe!) may help to support good digestive health, lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of cancer, and help to control blood sugar.
When you try this recipe, tag us with @manitobaflax and #dailyflax to let us know what you think!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread with Flaxseed & Pecans
- 2.5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Shredded Zucchini Pressed to remove excess water
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt (we used non-fat)
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans For Topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly grease a loaf pan
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make sure to squeeze out as much water from the zucchini as you can
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring to combine
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan
- Top with chopped pecans
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack