Moist, delicious, and easy to make – these Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Flax Muffins are a crowd pleaser!
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 flax eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Prep 2 flax eggs and set aside.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients – flour, flax, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients – flax eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla, lemon zest and juice, and blueberries.
- Make a small well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Slowly pour in and mix the wet ingredients into the dry until combined.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin tin cups.
- Bake on 350 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.