With a full cup of milled flaxseed, this bread is slightly more bready and less cakey compared to your typical quick bread.
Flaxseed retains moisture, making this bread perfectly moist and delicious. This is a great example of how to use flaxseed to replace oil and eggs in baking.
Serve it on its own or as a side with any meal.
Banana Flax Loaf
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tbsp flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan. 2. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.3. Combine wet ingredients in a separate medium mixing bowl.4. Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine.5. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes until cooked through.