Zucchini bread has be to THE best way to use up summer zucchini from the garden. This bread is vegan and dairy free and uses milled flaxseed in place of some flour.
This recipe is moist and delicious and tastes especially good when warm.
follow us on social media:
Zucchini Flax Bread
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tbsp Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 medium banana ~1/2 cup mashed
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bread pan.
- Place grated zucchini in a dish towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients.
- Fold in any mix-ins (or leave plain).
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.