Shelley’s Homemade Granola
We love granola, especially when it has a healthy dose of milled flaxseed!
This recipe is made with heart healthy whole grains, nuts, and flaxseed and is a family favorite. Thank you, Shelley Ekman, for sharing your famous recipe!
This homemade flaxseed granola is gluten free, vegan, and lower in sugar and fat than other varieties.
Try Shelley’s granola topped with flax beverage, on top of granola, or by the handful!
Find more of our favorite recipes made with ground flaxseed here.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in microwave or on stovetop to melt.
- Combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup, flaxseed, vanilla, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir to combine.
- Use a stoneware baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.