These easy coconut macaroons are made with crushed candy canes for a slightly sweet and healthier treat. Other than the candy canes there is no added sugar!
These are perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s Day or anytime!
follow us on social media:
Peppermint Coconut Macaroons
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (5 candy canes)
- 1 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed (combined with 3 Tbsp water to make a flax egg)
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.2. Combine coconut, candy canes, flax egg, oil, and yogurt in a mixing bowl. Mix with hands and form into 1 inch round balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.3. Place baking sheet in fridge or freezer to allow to harden.4. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave.5. Drizzle chocolate on top.