You’ve likely seen or received mason jar gifts before. They make great gifts for friends, colleagues, coaches, and teachers. They are often made with the dry ingredients and a recipe for a batch of cookies or another holiday treat.
Instead of featuring a cookie recipe, we recently put together some holiday gift jars with overnight oats. We included a 1/2 cup of oats in the jar plus a bag of flaxseed and a carton of flax milk.
On the back of the recipe tag you see in the photo below it read: Add: 3/4 cup Flax Milk, 1/2 Tbsp Flaxseed, and any toppings you like. You could also choose to include nuts, seeds, spices, or dried fruit in your jars or add the flaxseed into the jar. Get creative with flavor combinations – try dried banana chips with coconut flakes, dried apple chunks and cinnamon, or dried cherries or cranberries with chocolate chips.
There are endless ways you could decorate your jars. We used a hot glue gun to glue the burlap ribbon to the jar (just a dot on the back) and then tied the red ribbon on top.
You will need:
Old Fashioned Oats 1/2 cup per jar
Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed 1/2 Tbsp per jar or share a bag as a gift
Burlap style ribbon and sheer red ribbon or other craft supplies to decorate
Glue Gun if needed to adhere craft supplies
Recipe Tags with string
Pen or fine tip marker to write recipe
Old Fashioned Oats Recipe
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 3/4 cup Manitoba Milling Flax Milk vanilla or unsweetened
- your choice of toppings chocolate chips, dried fruit, spices, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, etc.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or small food storage container. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate the night before (or for a least 2 hours) and they will be ready in the morning.