Milled flaxseed works well in gluten free baking too. This recipe uses both the Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed and Unsweetened Flax Milk, offering an excellent serving of flaxseed in each serving.
These pancakes are thick and tasty. We recommend serving them with warm berries, maple syrup, or chocolate chips.
Gluten Free Flax Pancakes
- 2 cups Manitoba Milling Unsweetened Flax Milk
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine (be careful to not over mix).
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a little butter or spray with cooking spray.
- Use 1/4 cup scoop to scoop batter onto hot skillet. When edges are cooked, flip to cook through.