Top with berries, nuts, or maple syrup and serve on Christmas morning!
Gingerbread Flax Protein Pancakes
Servings 8 pancakes
- 1 flax egg 1 Tbsp flax + 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Toppings optional:
- real maple syrup
- Prepare your flax egg in a small mixing bowl by combining 1 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed with 3 Tbsp water. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flax egg mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, lightly grease.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop some batter onto the skillet. Heat until edges are firm and flip. Heat until cooked through. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Serve with maple syrup, walnuts, or fruit. Enjoy!