This lower sugar hot chocolate is the perfect drink to warm up with this winter.
It is lower in calories, saturated fat, and sugar, compared to a store bought mix made with whole milk. But, it is equally as creamy and delicious.
Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk is the perfect alternative to whole milk for those who are dairy-free or vegan, or for anyone who prefers a lower calorie or lower saturated fat alternative.
The consistency is just as thick and creamy as whole milk, but it offers a nutrition boost with the daily recommended amount of Omega-3 fats.
Shop Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk here.
Lower Sugar Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips use dairy free if needed
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, whisking continuously, until the chocolate is melted and the milk comes to a simmer.
- Pour into 2 mugs, top with marshmallows, and enjoy!