You might not think about adding flaxseed to a traditional dish like cornbread, but the recipe below shows you how to add more nutrition to dinnertime!
These cornbread muffins are quick and easy to prepare but are not dry! They crumble perfectly and are served best with chili or a Thanksgiving dinner!
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Honey
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Stick Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two muffin tins and set aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish and set aside to allow to cool slightly.
- Combine dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, flaxseed, salt, baking powder, baking soda) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in eggs, honey, milk, and butter. Mix to combine.
- Scoop batter into your prepared muffin tins. Fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.