If we’re being honest, this pumpkin bread came out perfectly. The combination of whole wheat flour, milled flaxseed, and a full can of pumpkin offer excellent nutrition to this fall classic.
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ~3/4 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bread pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl and wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mix into bread pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.