Homemade granola is a simple, budget-friendly recipe. It makes a great holiday gift or will make your kitchen smell amazing any time of year!
This Christmas Cookie Granola recipe incorporates smooth whole-milled flaxseed for added nutrition and to help the granola form clusters.
A modest amount of white chocolate and decorating sugar makes this worthy of gift-giving around the holidays. With just 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup, it has the perfect amount of sweetness. We hope you enjoy it!
Christmas Cookie Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats recommend extra thick if you can find them
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup Manitoba Milling Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- ½ tsp kosher sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- red and green decorating sugar or sprinkles
- Optional: flaky salt for finishing
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats through cinnamon) in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg white in a separate medium bowl until light and frothy and set aside.
- Combine oil, maple syrup, and almond extract in a small bowl.
- Add egg white along with remaining wet ingredients to the oat mixture and stir until completely coated.
- Spread granola on a baking sheet in one even layer. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once halfway through. Let cool completely.
- Microwave white chocolate chips in 30 second bursts until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the pan of granola. Finish with colored sugar and flaky salt (if using).
- The less you stir the granola, the more clusters you will have at the end.
- Granola will crisp up as it cools.
- Store in mason jars or other airtight container for up to one week.