Christmas morning or all season long – homemade Gingerbread Lattes are the best way to start your morning.
This recipe is sweetened with molasses to give you that classic gingerbread flavor. Because the molasses sweetens it enough, we chose to use the Unsweetened version of our Flax Milk. Flax Milk works great in hot drinks because it provides a rich, creamy consistency. Our Flax Milk also has fiber, protein, and healthy fats (omega-3s) which all help to slow the absorption of any sweetener you choose to add to your coffee (in this case, molasses).
- 1/2 cup Manitoba Milling Flax Milk unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 dash nutmeg and cloves ground
- 1/2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Pour in a mug. Top with whipped cream if you would like!