Try this refreshing anti-inflammatory, gut-healthy smoothie.
Both ginger and milled flaxseed have anti-inflammatory properties. In this recipe, we used ground ginger, but you could also try using grated fresh ginger.
Did you know that milled flaxseed acts as a prebiotic? Prebiotics feed probiotics and the healthy bacteria in your gut. (You can learn more about the benefits of flaxseed here.)
This recipe also uses kefir as the liquid which is a fermented, drinkable yogurt. You could replace this with water, milk, or yogurt, but kefir offers a great source of gut-healthy probiotics.
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think! Tag us @manitobaflax!
Ginger Peach Smoothie
- 1 large peach ripe
- 1/2 cup vanilla kefir
- 2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- ice (2-3 cubes) optional
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smoothie. Serve and enjoy!
- You could also use a plant-based or dairy milk or yogurt in place of kefir
- Try with fresh ginger!
- The ice is optional but will help make it colder
- We used a fresh peach but you could also use with frozen peach slices (we would guess about 1 cup of peaches).