This recipe was created by Kyla Kurczewski, RDN, CPT and shared with her permission.
These chocolate protein bites are a great portable snack option for summer. In addition to having five grams of plant-based protein each, they are also rich in fiber due to the addition of coconut flour, milled flaxseed, and nut butter!
Try them post-workout, or as a light snack to tide you over between meals. You can also customize the flavor to your own preference by trying different nut and seed butters or different flavors of protein powder.
Frozen Chocolate Protein Bites
- 2 scoops protein powder chocolate, vanilla, or natural
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plant based milk
- unsweetened coconut flakes for topping
- Combine all ingredients, except milk, in a small/medium mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the milk until the dough is wet throughout and becomes sticky. (Note: some plant based milks have varying consistencies, you may need to add an extra splash)
- Divide the mixture into an ice-cube tray. Sprinkle with coconut flakes on top.
- Freeze the tray for at least 1 hour.
Kyla is a Registered Dietitian and Certified Personal Trainer who offers in-person (Indiana) and virtual nutrition services. She specializes in eating disorders, as well as sports nutrition, digestive issues, and lifestyle coaching. Her favorite places to be are in the kitchen and on the golf course. Connect with Kyla on Facebook and Instagram.