To access our site in the US click here
This vegan dressing is packed with flavor from fresh lemon and herbs. The addition of flax helps it to cling to your salad greens – especially something sturdy like a massaged kale salad.
We’ll be enjoying this at cookouts all summer long! But, this dressing would work well on more than just salad. Try it on mixed grain and veggie bowls or even as a dip for veggies or crackers.
Feel free to use a combination of any herbs you have on hand to put your own personal touch on the recipe!
Creamy Lemon & Herb Flaxseed Salad Dressing
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup packed assorted fresh tender herbs cilantro, basil, parsley
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove minced (or grated using a microplane)
- 2 tsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flax
- ¼ tsp kosher sea salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Up to ¼ cup very warm water
- Add all ingredients besides water to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can whisk ingredients in a bowl.
- Next add 2 Tbsp water, blend/whisk, then check consistency. Continue to add 1 Tbsp of water at a time repeating this process until dressing reaches your desired consistency. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You will probably need to thin the dressing with more water and/or bring back to room temperature after refrigerating as the tahini will solidify a bit.
- For a more pourable consistency, add more water. For more of a sauce-like consistency, add less water.