Oatmeal can be an easy way to add in more veggies to your diet. This recipe is perfect for both those who prefer sweet or savory breakfasts.
Carrots are a particularly good source of vitamin A, which is important for eye sight, immune health, tissue growth, skin, and more.
With 1 cup of Manitoba Milling Flax Milk, this recipe has 3310 mg of ALA Omega-3s, 3 grams of plant-based protein, and 3 grams of dietary fiber just from the milk! It also has 4 grams of fiber and 5 grams of plant-based protein from oats.
This recipe is perfect for Easter and springtime – make a large batch to serve to a crowd!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk
- 1/4 cup carrots grated, ~3 baby carrots or 1 large carrot
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Add milk and oats to a microwave safe breakfast bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir.
- Mix in carrots, raisins, and spices.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes to allow oats to soak up more milk. Enjoy!