To access our site in the US click here
Black Bean Burgers with Flaxseed
These vegan black bean burgers use a hefty dose of milled flaxseed. The flaxseed acts as the grain to add texture and hold the burger together. You may see oats, quinoa, or flour used in other recipes to serve the same purpose.
Flavored with savory, slightly spicy spices, these burgers are crowd pleaser for summer cookouts or an easy weeknight meal.
Black Bean Burgers
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 4 oz white mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place silicone baking mat on baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ~1 tbsp oil.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms until tender.
- While onions and mushrooms cook, add black beans to a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- When onions and mushrooms are cooked, add it to the bowl of black beans. This should be approximately 1 cup.
- Add flaxseed and spices to the mixing bowl. Use hands to mix and form into 6 patties.
- Place patties on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.