This recipe was created by Taylor Stolt. You can find the original post here.
Mug Cakes are the perfect single serving treat to satisfy any sweet tooth. Registered Dietitian, Taylor Stolt, swears by this banana walnut cake for an after dinner snack.
This healthy banana mug cake is lightened up using just one ripe banana and a teaspoon of honey. It is easy to make and tastes great!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, paleo, and perfect for many special dietary needs.
Banana Walnut Mug Cake
- 1 flax egg 1 Tbsp flax seed + 3 Tbsp water
- 1 overripe banana
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix ground flax seed and water in a small mixing bowl. Set aside for five minutes.
- Add banana to mixing bowl and mash until smooth. Add flax egg, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in walnuts.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Top with coconut or Greek yogurt, more walnuts, chocolate chips, or maple syrup! Enjoy!
About the Author:
Taylor Stolt, RD, is a practicing functional medicine dietitian in Dallas, TX (available virtually too) who specializes in autoimmune disease, inflammation and food sensitivities. Follow her on Instagram and Facebook for nutrition tips and healthy living inspiration.