Two Hour Buns, A Family Tradition
These dinner rolls have been a family tradition in the Pizzey family for decades! We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
The recipe is originally from a cookbook and the recipe was contributed by Ina Hanley. They’re easy to make and go well with any dinner!
2 Tbsp instant yeast
8 cups flour (try white whole wheat flour)
8 Tbsp sugar
3/4 Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
3 cups lukewarm water
1 tsp salt
- Mix yeast, flax, and 4 cups flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt. Add water.
- Add flour mixture to the liquid and beat until well blended.
- Add remaining flour.
- Knead and then let rise for 15 minutes.
- Punch down and let rise for another 15 minutes.
- Punch down and form into buns.
- Let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.