Healthy Holiday Recipes for Everyone
Cooking and sharing food with others is one of life’s greatest pleasures but sometimes, it can be a bit stressful if you’re hosting for a variety of dietary needs and preferences.
Whether your friends and family members are lactose intolerant, gluten-free, or following a vegetarian diet, we rounded up some of our favorite healthy holiday recipes by registered dietitians to meet your needs! Several of these incorporate smooth whole-milled flax, but remember that you can also add it to just about anything for an extra nutrition boost.
GF = gluten-free
DF = dairy-free
V = vegan
VT = vegetarian
- Cranberry Pomegranate Baked Oatmeal (GF)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (VT)
- Vegetarian Lentil Shepherd’s Pie (VT)
- Holiday Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pomegranate (GF)
- Healthy Cornbread Stuffing (GF)
- Low Sugar Cranberry Sauce with Parsnips (V, GF)
- Lightened Up Eggnog (V, GF)
- Peppermint Mocha Matcha Latte (V, GF)
- Cranberry Pineapple Mocktail (V, GF)
If you found this holiday recipe roundup helpful, you might also like our guide to cooking for friends and family with allergies and intolerances: Food Allergies, Intolerances, and How to Accommodate Your Guests This Holiday Season. Happy cooking!