This flaxseed brownie recipe is the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day or any day! Whether you eat vegan, gluten free, dairy free, or not, these are a crowd pleaser and enjoyed by all.
These brownies have less sugar and oil than traditional recipes plus they include flaxseed for a boost of fiber and nutrients.
We’ve tested these with both a gluten free flour mix and coconut flour. The gluten free flour mixture gives a smoother texture while the coconut flour is more crumbly, but both taste great! This recipe also happens to be vegan, dairy free, egg free, and gluten free. Enjoy these flaxseed brownies with a cold glass of Flax Milk!
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tbsp Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar vegan brand if vegan
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Make your flax eggs and set aside.
- Combine oil, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flax eggs.
- Add salt, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and flaxseed.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Pour into your prepared baking pan. Press to spread to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.