These healthier homemade brownies are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day or any day! Whether you eat vegan, gluten free, dairy free, or not, these are a crowd pleaser and enjoyed by all!
These brownies have less sugar and oil than traditional recipes plus they include flaxseed for a boost of fiber and nutrients.
We’ve tested these with both a gluten free flour mix and coconut flour. The gluten free flour mixture gives a smoother texture while the coconut flour is more crumbly – both taste great! This recipe also happens to be vegan, dairy free, egg free, and gluten free.
Healthier Homemade Brownies
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tbsp Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar vegan brand if vegan
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Make your flax eggs and set aside.
- Combine oil, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flax eggs.
- Add salt, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and flaxseed.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Pour into your prepared baking pan. Press to spread to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.