The addition of flaxseed in this lightly sweetened cranberry sauce helps to thicken the sauce while providing a good source of fiber and other nutrients. This lower sugar recipe uses 100% orange juice, a dash of real maple syrup, and cinnamon to slightly sweeten and balance the natural tartness of the cranberries. Serve it along side turkey, meatballs, or on a sandwich.
Lower Sugar Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup 100% orange juice
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine cranberries, orange juice, and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat.
- When the cranberries begin to pop and the mixture starts to boil, mash the cranberries with a potato masher.
- Once cranberries are mashed, remove from heat.
- Add flaxseed and cinnamon.
- Serve with turkey, meatballs, or on a sandwich.
Shop our Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed here.