To access our site in the US click here
This strawberry topping is thick enough to use as a jam to spread on muffins or toast. It is also the perfect for topping pancakes, waffles, and French Toast.
The milled flaxseed absorbs the natural fruit juices to slightly thicken and gel the mixture. This recipe is slightly sweetened with just 1/2 tsp of pure maple syrup.
Strawberry Flax Spread
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1.5 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Place strawberries in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute to defrost strawberries. Mash with a fork.
- Add maple syrup and flaxseed, mix to combine. Mash berries to desired consistency or add to a food processor.
- Spread on toast and use as a jam or top pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
[…] our recipe for this Strawberry Flax Spread here. Use it on toast, muffins, or […]
[…] Smooth, whole-milled flaxseed stands in for part of the flour in this recipe. We love serving them topped with nut butter or this strawberry flax spread. […]
[…] Recipe to try: Strawberry Flax Spread […]