You’ve likely seen milled flaxseed used in veggie burger recipes. But you may be wondering, can I use flaxseed in meat based burgers too? Absolutely!
Manitoba Milling Flaxseed is so soft and smooth it won’t alter the texture of your burgers. This recipe is to give you a guide of how to add milled flaxseed to your burgers. Feel free to still add in your favorite mix-ins like onions and your favorite seasonings.
We suggest adding 1/4 cup of milled flaxseed for each pound of ground beef. The milled flaxseed will aid in binding and will contribute more omega 3s and fiber to make a healthier burger. Even the pickiest eaters won’t notice the flaxseed!
Do you add flaxseed to your burgers? Let us know! Tag us with @manitobaflax!
Burgers with Flaxseed
- 1 lb ground beef we used 80% lean, grass-fed
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1 egg
- optional add-ins – burger seasoning, salt, pepper, onion, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, etc.
- Preheat your grill.
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with your hands.
- Pat the meat into about 4 even patties.
- Grill your burger patties to medium rare, or just a little pink inside.