Who says pancakes are only for the weekend?
This pancake-in-a-mug recipe by registered dietitian, Melissa Groves, might be your new favorite weekday morning treat. It is made with wholesome ingredients that will keep you energized all morning long. Plus, there’s only one dish to clean!
The recipe is gluten free and grain free. To make it vegan, try using a flax egg.
Pancake in a Mug
- 2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole Milled Flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 scoop collagen
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg (try with a flax egg!)
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk (try with vanilla or unsweetened flax milk!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Add wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spray a ramekin or mug with cooking spray (coconut oil or olive oil).
- Pour the batter into your prepared mug/ramekin.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then 30 seconds more.
- Top with fruit, nut butter, pure maple syrup, or your other favorite pancake toppings.
About the author:
Melissa Groves, RDN, is an integrative registered dietitian and owner of Avocado Grove Nutrition & Wellness (www.avocadogrovenutrition.com). Melissa specializes in women’s health and hormone issues, including PCOS and fertility. She uses a functional medicine, food-first approach that combines holistic lifestyle changes with evidence-based medicine. You can find her on Instagram @the.hormone.dietitian.