The perfect summer pie for your summer barbecues, festive for 4th of July and Canada Day.
2 egg whites
pinch of salt
1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp honey
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (or about 9 crackers finely crushed or chopped in a food processor)
1/2 cup Manitoba Milling Co. Smooth Whole-Milled Flaxseed
2 Tbsp Manitoba Milling Co. Flax Milk
2 Tbsp oil (or melted butter)
- Begin by preparing your filling.
- Combine the yogurt, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, and honey in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the stiff egg whites into the yogurt mixture.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare your crust.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and flax in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil and milk until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Add more liquid if needed.
- Lightly grease a pie pan to prevent sticking.
- Press the mixture into the pie pan, making it as thin as possible, pushing the crust up the sides as well.
- When the filling is ready, add it on top of the crust and spread to fill the pan.
- Top with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
*note: If your egg whites are not stiff enough, the mixture will become watery. You can adjust this by adding ~1Tbsp of flaxseed to the mixture and beating again with a hand mixer.